Last season I distinctly remember being in difficult skiing conditions and wishing I had better goggles. To add to the problem I were glasses so fogging was an issue. I was chatting to Mark at Snow+Rock Dundrum and he recommended Prizm goggles… watch to video!
If considering investing in new lenses some things to consider. Venting and/or double glazed lenses to help reduce fogging… interchangeable lenses or if your budget stretches… prizm lenses, essentially being able to see a clear path even in changing light conditions. Oh! and check they fit well with your helmet.
Ski longer ‘n’ Stronger this year with a little help from the Indoor Ski Centre
Want to get best value for your holiday?
Ok, so you’ve committed to the holiday of a lifetime… but are you ready to get the most of it?
Getting a few lessons before you go can make a huge difference to having a great trip. “We recommend you take four to six lessons before you go. If you are a complete beignner we can get you to a reasonable level – we usually get you to snow-plough on your first lesson and if you’re an expert we can help you get ski fit and improve your technique.”
Continuous skiing and faster learning:
Skicentre uses state-of-the-art ski simulators used to help train the Swiss A race team to help you perfect your ski technique and build your ski stamina.
The slopes are like huge treadmills about the size of a tennis court and each lessons includes a personal instructor and all the gear you need. So you can just walk in and ski or snowboard.
Our “revolving-slope-technology” means you will get in longer runs. Just like real skiing you’ll be able to practice turn after turn without stopping so in no time you will develop skill and confidence on the slopes – with our slopes you typically ski between 10 to 15 MINUTES! , allowing you to better simulate real ski runs.
Quite literally we can offer you the longest ski runs in the world!
Safe for beginners and vital for experts – even the Swiss Race team use them to train! All equipment (Skis, boots etc) and Fully Qualified Instructors Included with every lesson!
Ski Longer ‘N’ Stronger this year with a little help from the www.skicentre.ie
Thursday ~^~ 7pm Ski Core ~^~ 8pm Ski Hiit Circuit Training ~^~ Call 01 293 0588 to Book
New Ski Season – Get your boots back on!!!
- Landgraaf trip for all – 7th-9th August – email email@example.com or call (01 293 0588) to reserve a place. more details>>
- Kids Camps – don’t let the weather stop the fun! more details >>
- Nepal SOS Children’s Charity – Help raise money for a house for Nepal Children’s Charity. more details >>
- Cervinia 2016! – Now taking bookings! more details >>
Now taking bookings for Summer Camps 2015 – June, July & August!
Since our first camp we have ran almost 80 weeks of camps in Ireland! For many, Kids Ski Camps are their first skiing experience. Ski Camps are great fun for all ages, perfect for improving your skills… and often lead to greater things!
The start of a journey: Emily and Matthew who participated in our very first ski camps (had never skied before) are now fully qualified instructors! They are also ski racers! So you never know… in a few years time you too could be racing for Ireland or working at the Ski Centre! Your journey starts here…
- 5 Days of Skiing for only €199!
- Learn new skills & meet new friends;
- 6-12 skiers per camp;
- Mon-Fri / 10am-1pm;
- Perfect weather;
- Healthy fun;
Running weekly, June, July and August.
Call 01 293 0588 and leave your name and contact number!
SOS Children’s Villages NEPAL – Every Child deserves a home
Well Done – Raised enough money for 1 house!
I know some were away for the event or had other plans or were simply lapping up the super weather! Either way, we raised enough for one house, however if you would like to see if we can raise enough for two houses you can still donate in the Ski Centre all week. We are Open 10am-2pm every day plus in the evenings from 6pm. Weekends as usual!
Thanks for supporting a great cause!
Hi James and Lisa I would like to say a huge thank you for your support and everything what you did before, on the day and after the charity event. You are amazing. Both of you. Thank you so so much. Together with Salsa Dublin we raised enough money to build the new house for two kids, sibling from Nepal. They lost parents and sisters as well as the home in the earthquake. They will have a new place to live soon. I am unbelievable happy. We are a part of their lives now.
All my friends had absolutely great day and a lot of fun as well.
Once again thank you very very much.
And just let you know in total we raised 1975.67 euro. For the house we need 1600, which means we will be able to buy a good few extra items to the house, such as beds, water tanks, wardrobes, toilet and kitchen equipment, etc happy happy happy.
And believe me, yesterday, when I counted money, it was impossible to find the happiest girl on this world. I cried for a good while. Happy tears obviously.
Kind Regards, Olimpia
SKI FREE for Nepal on 4th July 10am-6pm, try your hand at salsa, zumba, pilates, graphic design, trash art… get a massage and finish the night with at the Salsa Dublin Dance Night 9pm-2am.
Join us at the SKI CENTRE on 4th July to help raise funds for the SOS Children’s Village charity in Nepal. On the morning of 25th April a 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit Nepal and has been followed by a 7.3 and others adding to the devastation caused. Together the earthquakes killed more than 8,000 people and injured upwards of 19,000. With aftershocks continuing, people remain frightened and unsure of their future.
Olimpia Choluj a Ski Instructor at Ski Centre has brought together teachers and members from Salsa Dublin, Zumba, the personal training world, massage & acupuncture experts, children’s “trash art” artists… for a fun event for you. In addition, the SKI Centre partners Crystal Ski, Snow& Rock, Get Cover, Ace Autobody have come together to hold this event to raise urgent funds. SOS Children’s Villages Nepal do great work to help and support children who have been separated from their families, providing safe places in child-friendly spaces within the crisis zone. www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk
Call (01)293 0588 to Book a Lesson and classes!
How to donate:
1. Enjoy any of the following and donate on the day:
- Ski FREE – call 01 293 0588 to book a lesson
- Take a GYM/ / Dance class * – time table below
- Relax with a Massage* or Acupuncture* session
2. Ski Centre will donate 10% of all purchases on the day:
- 10 Lessons for €300 – we’ll donate €30
- 1 Hr Family Slope (6 people) €200 – we’ll donate €20
- 1 Slope Party €200 – we’ll donate €20
- 2 Slope Party €300 – we’ll donate €30
- Kids Camp €199 – we’ll donate €20
- Personal Training 10 session €420 – we’ll donate €42
- Hypoxi 12 Session Special €450 – we’ll donate €45
On the Day:
Instructors and Teachers are giving their time free on the day and all we ask is that you make a donation in the bucket.
FREE Ski Lessons – 10am – 6pm
KID’S PARTY ROOM:
Fun Art Workshops – suitable for Children & Adults:
- 12pm – 2pm – Trash art by Julita Jaroszuk-Narkowicz
- 3pm – 4pm – Basic graphic by Michal Klebs
FREE Classes Timetable:
- 12pm- 1pm Funky Salsa by Salsa Dublin Official
- 1pm – 2pm Aerodance by Keith Coleman and Robert Cielecki
- 2pm – 3pm Pilates by Ski Centre Dublin
- 3pm – 4pm Onekor move by Elena Gobber
- 4pm – 5pm Zumba by Justyna Mikolajczyk and Justyna Zumba
- 5pm – 6pm Ski Core by Jonathan
20 min Massage session, upper back and neck.
- 11am-1pm – by Dana Dee
- 1pm-4pm – by Ana
20 min Acupuncture session
- 3pm-6pm – by Jonathan
- 9pm-2am – Salsa Night, Pillar Room, in the grounds of the Rotunda Hospital by Marinko Leka
Pilates – with a focus on core strength, muscle balance and stamina to improve posture and overall body functionality for your sport, your fitness and your health.
Salsa – Is a popular form of Latin dance. The movements of salsa have their origins in Cuban Son, Cha-cha-cha, Mambo and other dance forms.
Onekor move – New in Dublin!!! This workout plays with the music speed to create an amazing cardio workout on the latest hits. Easy to follow, motivating music. Classes are hard work, but also lot of fun.
Aerodance– All types of dance in one class – easy to grasp warm ups, fun and engaging dance routines and finish off with signature bow and body sculpting floor work.
Zumba – Is a dance fitness program involves dance and aerobic elements. The choreography incorporates hip-hop, soca, samba, salsa, merengue and mambo.
SKI Core – a stability ball class designed to increase tone, flexibility, balance and core stability.
SPECIAL PRIZES ON THE DAY!
WIN €150 SNOW+ROCK VOUCHER!
Maggie & Nell Ski with Dave on World Snow Day
Brian & Theo Compete in the Red Bull Crashed Ice challange on World Snow Day
World Snow Day Extra:
Visit Ski Centre on Saturday 17th /Sunday 18th to see our WSD Special Offers – even if you are not skiing or snowboarding, pop in for a chat!
CRYSTAL SKI – Holidays start at €299 pp inc flights & hotel
SNOW+ROCK – €10 Snow+Rock voucher & 10%OFF any purchase with every Membership or 10 Lesson Pack Bought on the day!
Win a trip for four with Crystal Ski?
- Tune into the Morning Glory Show on Radio NOVA!
- Promotion run three week from 3rd November – Good Luck!
New Season at Snow+Rock Dundrum
Exclusively 10% discount voucher available to all Ski Centre Customers
- Call in and collect your voucher at Reception!
- Offer end both November!
All skiers in Fancy Dress get to ski at €15 Member’s Rates.
- Lessons available from 2 – 9pm,
- Call 01 2930588 to Book.
- First come first served!
Join Us on Saturday 1st Nov & Sunday 2nd November for some ski fun (snowboarding on Saturday)! All Lessons at Member’s Rate of €15. Call 01-293 0588 to book your place! Special deals on the day/s so pop in even just for a chat!
- Special Offers from Snow + Rock, CRYSTAL SKI and GetCover.ie
- Latest Ski Lessons Deals
- Halloween Fun
Please call 01 293 0588 to book your place or complete the form below and we will call you back!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
CLUB TRIP – FULLY BOOKED OUT!!!!
Join in the fun on Open Day Weekend, watch the demos, ski with family and friends… and find out more about the great new season deals available from Ski Centre, Crystal Holidays, SNOW+ROCK & Getcover.
❶ Ski at member’s rate €15 – Friends & Family welcome!
✔ Simply call (01) 293 0588 to Book for Sat 30th & Sun 31st!
❷ Live Demonstrations:
✔ Advanced & Ski Racers
❸ Planning a Holiday?
✔ Looking for the perfect Ski Holiday?
✔ Need boots, equipment or clothing?
✔ Renewing your travel insurance?
✔ Exclusive deal on Membership & Courses!
❹ Sign-up for new courses:
✔ Ski & Snowboard Packages – Beginners – Intermediate – Advanced
✔ Polish Ski Lessons – Zajęcia w języku polskim
✔ Kids Club – Monday 6pm
✔ Ski Racers – Monday 6pm (Kids) & 7pm (Adults)
✔ Snowboarding – Thursday & Saturday
✔ New Off-Piste Class – 30 Minute non-stop Stamina Class / 10K Ski
✔ New Pro-Ski Analysis – Personal Coaching & Video Analysis
✔ New Instructor Courses – BASI Level 1 & 2
✔ New Master Class Programme – Become an accomplished skier, capable of skiing in a variety of situations and environments – learn, practice and master new skills that will be challenging and rewarding.
✔ Holiday Prep Evenings – what to bring and what to do when you get there!
SKI LONGER ‘n’ STRONGER – www.skicentre.ie
A New 30 minute non-stop ski experience! Longest ski runs in the World!
- Looking for a fun way to get extra fit – Checkout our new “Rise ’n’ Shine” Ski with Frank and Ailbhe on Friday Mornings!
- Build your stamina,
- Get a full body workout
- Work on your core muscles
- Balance & Agility
- Compliments & adds variety to existing weekly workout programmes
- Warmup/Cool down on range of professional SKIERS EDGE Trainers.
CONGRATULATIONS to Maria & Tony on winning the Ski Package worth €1,598!
★ Win a Ski Package worth €1,598
★ 3 Lessons for €99 until 31 Jan
★ Few spaces still available on Club TIGNES TRIP 22nd Feb
★ GENERAL TIPS and 10 FIS Rules for safety on slope
WIN AN AMAZING SKI PACKAGE in association with the Irish Independent!
- 1YR family membership at the Ski Centre, plus:
- €500 CRYSTAL Holiday Voucher
- €150 SNOW+ROCK Voucher
- GETCOVER.IE Free travel Insurance
We are running this great competition all this week in the Evening Herald (Tue,Wed or Sat) and the Irish Independent (Wed & Fri). Also logon to (http://competitions.independent.ie/) in the Irish Independent on-line competition section from Tuesday or see copy of competition on our news page for details. http://www.skicentre.ie/news
Please feel free to share with family and friends – Good Luck!
GOING ON HOLIDAYS:
Many of you will be lucky enough to get on real snow this year! If not, don’t worry we are here all year! However, in general there has been less snow than previous years, so it might make sense to get a few extra lessons in before you go!
To help you along SKI CENTRE will offer 3 Lessons for €99 until 31 Jan!
If you are still deciding… we have a few places available on our Club TIGNES TRIP please see below! The Ski area is 300km’s and the piste are prepared twice a day so the slopes are always in good condition.
Also, if you are looking for a personal or family trip, CRYSTAL are offering all customers 7.5% discount until 27th Jan – worth a look!
Before you go, it is worth checking the “checklist” on the notice board for some useful items to bring or pack! There is a separate list for children!
4. GENERAL TIPS WHEN YOU ARE ON SNOW:
Remember when you get to the slopes give yourself a few runs to shake off the cobwebs and adjust to the surface and conditions!
1. Warm up with a few stretches (at start of day and end of day). Ask us if you need a few tips!
2. On your first day remember it will take a few runs to get use to the surface. Start with a few gentle runs, to get the feel of the snow. Remember all the basics, don’t be afraid to do a few snow plough turns, or go back to basics! Make sure you get your weight on to the outside or turning ski. Think of your body position… nice and relaxed, tall, on the balls of your feet, hands (both!) out in front. Gradually work your way up to your normal level and enjoy!
3. Also, getting extra lessons or a guide while on holidays is always worth considering – nothing like local knowledge.
4. MOST IMPORTANT – When on snow you need to remember the FIS RULES – this is important to understand and helps make for a SAFER HOLIDAY! Please see below.
5. Have fun and come back and share your stories!
If you want any advice before you go, we and all our partners are happy to help,
Safe Skiing & Boarding
10 FIS RULES
1.Respect for other Skiers and snowboarders – Every skier and snowboarder must conduct themselves in a manner that neither endangers no injures others.
2. Control of speed an skiing – Every skier and snowboarder must ride in a manner appropriate to the conditions. He/she must adjust their speed and their riding style to their abilities and the condition of snow, weather, and environment, as well as to how busy the slopes are.
3. Choice of Route – A skier or snowboarder approaching from behind must select their track so as to not endanger those skiers or snowboarders in front of them.
4. Overtaking – A skier or snowboarder may overtake from above or below, from the right or left, but only at a distance which allows the skier or snowboarder you are passing enough room to complete all of their motions unhindered.
5. Entering and Starting – Every skier and snowboarder must check above and below to make sure that they are able to do so without endangering themselves or others.
6. Stopping on the Piste – Unless absolutely necessary, a skier or snowboarder must avoid stopping on the slope at bottlenecks or where visibility is restricted. If a skier or snowboarder has fallen, he/she must leave such a place as quickly as possible.
7. Climbing and Descending on Foot – A skier or snowboarder, who either is climbing or descending on foot, must keep to the edge of the slope.
8. Respect for Signals and Markings – Every skier and snowboarder must pay attention to markings and signals.
9. Assistance – In the event of accidents, every skier and snowboarder is obligated to render assistance.
10. Identification – Every skier and snowboarder, whether a witness or involved in the incident, whether responsible or not, must present personal identification in the case of an accident.
ANOTHER GREAT WORLD SNOW DAY – EXCLUSIVE FROM GETCOVER.IE
- If you are planning a Ski Trip… don’t forget to get good cover!
✔ Exclusive 15% DISCOUNT to all SKI CENTRE customers on getcover.ie travel insurance!
✔ Simply call (01)290 8833 or logon to www.getcover.ie and use special DISCOUNT CODE: SKIWSD
✔ Offer available between 18th-27th Jan 2014!
GREAT NEWS – EXCLUSIVE CRYSTAL SKI OFFER!
✔ Exclusive 7.5% DISCOUNT to all SKI CENTRE customers off CRYSTAL Ski Holidays for new direct bookings from 18 Jan to 27 Jan 2014 inclusive!
✔ Simply call (01) 433 1080 and mention “SKI CENTRE SNOW DAY”.
WORLD SNOW DAY SUNDAY 19th JAN 2014
Enjoy World Snow Day Sunday 19 Jan 2014
Join us on the World’s longest slopes at the INDOOR SKI CENTRE DUBLIN for a bit of healthy, safe, fun! Great offers on the day from Ski Lessons to ski gear, insurance and holidays! World Snow Day is about creating the opportunity for Children, families and people of all ages and abilities to:
- EXPLORE – A chance to try something new in a safe and convenient location;
- ENJOY – healthy, active, fun – let’s put the video game aside for a few hours;
- EXPERIENCE – the enjoyment & reward of developing new skills skiing and snowboarding!
- First Time Skiing/Boarding?Perfect! Whether you have skied or not before, we’ll get you up going in no time. All equipment and instructors are included so you just need to call 01-293 0588 and book your place! ADVANCE BOOKING ESSENTIAL.
- Experienced Skier/Snowboarder?Great! We’ll help you “Ski Longer and Stronger” and take you to the next level. Our surface is perfect for highlighting areas of improvement and with our one-to-one style tuition (Instructors are right beside you, max of three per class) and our unique instant feedback mirror (yes see yourself ski in real-time)… you’ll progress faster.
- 6 Lessons on our unique “continuously moving slopes” will also get your fitness back in no time, so you will benefit from more control and competency, and have more fun on your next ski trip!
- PS. If you have your own boots… bring them along! (we supply the skis).
SPECIAL OFFERS – SPECIAL OFFERS – SPECIAL OFFERS
SKI & SNOWBOARD LESSONS
- 6 Lesson Special €199 plus save 15% off getcover.ie travel insurance
SKI CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT – Thinking of going on holidays? Comfortable boots and sharp skis/boards are always important.
- Call into SNOW+ROCK DUNDRUM on Saturday 18th /Sunday 19th Jan and ask for your:
- FREE boot analysis; and
- 50% Off Ski sharpening/prep (from €25)
- Just say you are from the SKI CENTRE!
Buy 6 Lessons and save 15% on getcover.ie Travel insurance – ask in reception for the DISCOUNT CODE!
Still thinking of squeezing in a last minute ski trip… CRYSTAL SKI HOLIDAYS have some last minute bargains!
- The Indoor SkiCentre (www.skicentre.ie) is Ireland’s only Indoor Ski Slope a unique “indoor Ski Slope” and is open all year round. We cater for absolute beginners to professional Ski Instructors and Ski Racers, offering great Birthday Party deals, kids camps and corporate events and also run student programmes throughout the year.
- At the indoor SKI CENTRE we provide all the equipment (skis, pole, boards etc) and we include a fully qualified instructor with every lesson, so whether it’s your first experience or you are a pro, you are sure to have safe, healthy fun!
- Join Us on WORLD SNOW DAY and enjoy something different – Call (01) 293 0588 and ask to “SKI AT HALF PRICE”!
See you there!
Best Wishes for 2014
www.skicentre.ie – FOR ALL YOUR SKI NEEDS – SKI LONGER – SKI STRONGER
World Snow Day – celebrated globally on 19th Jan- is a day where children come together with their families, encouraged to enjoy and explore the world of skiing and snowboarding, whilst learning about the environment, the health benefits of snow activities and safety on and off the snow… and is celebrated all around the World.
Some great ideas for Christmas from the Ski Centre!
Well done to all BASI Level 1 Instructors on a record 100% pass rate!
Well done to our ski racers Eleanor & Matthew – Summer Ski Race Training
COOL DOWN THIS JULY
FUN SKI FOR ALL – SKI CENTRE OPEN DAY!
Join us at the Ski Centre open day, Sunday the 28th July. Family and Friends welcome… Come in a cool down as you traverse our slopes and if you are up to a challenge we have a few fun activities in store!
• SNOW+ROCK BIKE CHALLENGE – Pit yourself against the clock and post the quickest “power lap” – can you do it in under 60 seconds?
• CATCH ME IF YOU CAN! – can you catch our instructor as they speed across the slope? How? You’ll have to come down and see!
• SKI A REAL SLOPE? – YES we will simulate some real ski runs!!! Curious? Just call (01) 293 0588 and book yourself in!
• Lots of fun and spot prizes on the day!
MORE SKIING PLEASE – LANDGRAAF 19th-21st AUG
Want to ski on real snow now? Join on our Landgraaf trip 19th-21st August – the world’s longest indoor snow slope – excellent fun and training with Brian Byrne.
Limited places available – call ASAP if you are interested. A great way to wrap up the summer and get your ski legs going again!