Want to become a Ski Instructor?
Ski Centre are delighted to anounce a new partnership with IASI (Irish Association of Snowsports Instructors) and will run a new programme specifically designed for our indoor slopes!
The programme will involve personal skill development and an 8 week course focusing on the technical and teaching aspects of the ski progression.
The Course will also include shadowing hours and work experience… so who knows maybe you could be one our next instructors!
To explore further, just email email@example.com.
What to Expect…
Level One Progression Demos Watch the progression demonstrated by Richard followed by some parallel skiing , short turns and long turns. Filmed at Indoor Ski Centre Dublin
Short turns and Long turns Demos
Next IASI Level 1 Instructor Course:
If you are interested in signing up for this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
L1 ROLLING CARPET SKI INSTRUCTOR
The Level 1 Rolling Carpet Ski Instructor award provides an alternative pathway to the Alpine Level 1 Ski Instructor award. This intermediate award is designed specifically so that holders can work on indoor rolling carpet slopes with the option to be assessed on a traditional artificaial slope or indoor snowdome in order to gain the full Alpine Level 1 Ski Instructor qualification.
Once you have decided on a course you will need to join as an Associate Member.
Please not from 1st of May 2016 all students taking Level 1 courses must also complete Child Protection Training as part of the award. More details here.
This is a 8 week training and assessment course in which the following subjects are covered and assessed:
- Skiing safely
- Planning, conducting and evaluating an instructing session
- Participating in an accident and emergency activity
- Knowing and understanding how to improve personal skiing and instructing performance
- The Fundamentals, Central Theme and Beyond
- The FIS Rules of Conduct
- The Principles of Ski Teaching
- Dealing with accidents and emergencies
Other Modules Required:
- 20 hours work experience
- Safeguarding Children / Garda Vetting
- First Aid Course
Before applying for an Level 1 Instructor course, students must:
- Be able to ski parallel confidently, coping with a variety of conditions
- Be able to ski parallel making rhythmical short turns at a steady pace
- Be able to ski parallel long turns with the skis carving the last two thirds of the turn