Do I need SKI Gear?
- All Skis/Boards, Boots, poles etc are supplied.
- Remember to wear a long sleeved top and long socks for comfort;
- If you have your own boots – bring them along!
How does it work?
- SKI CENTRE uses unique revolving slope technology that simulate real ski runs and allow skiers to get in realistic length ski runs. A mirrored wall also provides an instant feedback [you can actually see yourself ski!] all-in-all helping you develop better posture, balance, edge precision and rotation control.. …developing your fitness and confidence in your skiing .
How does the slope cope with different abilities?
- The slopes can be sped up or slowed down, or be made steeper or gentler, to match the lesson and the learner. An instructor holds a remote control to stop the slope in an instant, if required. EVERY LESSON is given by a qualified instructor suited to your needs to ensure you get the most from your experience.
- All customers will start with an introduction lesson – back to basics – and once you have the feel for the surface we will ensure you are skiing with similar abilities.
What makes the Ski Centre good for learners?
- The rolling slope helps improve muscle memory, stamina and fitness. An instructor provides instant and continual feedback as overall technique and confidence improves.
Is this suitable to experienced or advanced skiers?
- Yes. The ski centre can focus on advanced techniques, off-piste techniques and even run ski race training programmes – several national teams including the Swiss A TEAM use these slopes for training. As with any new surface the initial experience is humbling however once you get the hang of it you’ll benefit enormously!
How long is each lesson?
- Each session lasts 60 minutes and includes 30 minutes ski time and 30 minutes observation or rest time – the format is 10 minutes on /10 minutes rest, repeated three times. All skiers must arrive 15 minutes before the lesson to sign-in, and get your skis and boots.
Can I ski on my own?
- Private lessons are available if you wish to ski on your own.
- The slopes were designed to accommodate 3 adult skiers or 6 snowboarders at a time to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- If required the slopes can be split in two for beginners, accommodating 6 skiers per slope.
Any further questions?
- Contact SKI Centre (01) 293 0588 – we’d be delighted to help!