UCD STUDENT Exclusive Offer
Ready for your first Experience at the Ski Centre!
Like to try Skiing or Snowboarding?
Simply click the images/links below to buy your ski or snowboarding lesson. All skis, boots, equipment and instructor included! Great for first time skiers and experienced skiers alike.
Take advantage of this EXCLUSIVE STUDENT RATE – available all-year-round!!!
Great fun for all levels…
All of our packages include:
- Friendly instruction every step of the way
- All the gear – skis, boots, poles etc
- Fully qualified Instructor
- Smiles from ear to ear!
5 reasons to visit Ski Centre
1. We think it’s amazing… naturally!
It’s definately something EVERYONE should try. Don’t just take our word for it though, see what others just like you had to say..
2. Perfect weather Guaranteed
With 4 seasons in one day and climate change it’s hard to predict the weather…. however at the Indoor Ski Centre “perfect weather” is always guaranteed. If only Goldilocks knew about the Ski Centre!
3. No Lifts ~ No Queues ~More Time Skiing
Just like real skiing you’ll be able to practice turn after turn without stopping allowing you to better simulate real ski runs. Typically you’ll spend 30 mins on the slope in every hour, that’s the equivalent of 11klm!!! (Mt Everest is 9klm tall). Quite literally we can offer you the longest ski runs in the world! Safe for beginners and vital for experts, even the Swiss Race team use them to train!
4. Safe Healthy Fun!
We match our slopes to your skill level. Our instructors are friendly and patient and whatever your ability we can increase or decrease the speed and angle of the slope! As the Instructor has a remote control in their hand they can stop the slope at a press of a button!
5. It’s a LOT cheaper than going to the Alps!
Ok are you really going fly to the Alps every weekend or spend an hour at a snow dome/dry slope for 5 minutes of skiing…(taking avg time queuing, drag lifts etc in account) when you can spend 1 hour at Ski Centre, get approx 30 minutes skiing… and as a Student you enjoy our special €29.99 rate ALL-YEAR-ROUND!
- Mon: 6pm-10pm (Ski)
- Tue: 10am-2pm & 6pm-10pm (Ski & Snowboarding)
- Wed: 6pm-10pm (Ski)
- Thr: 6pm-10pm (Ski)
- Fri: 8am-10pm (Ski)
- Sat: 10am-6pm/10pm (Ski & Snowboarding)
- Sun: 10am-6pm/10pm (Ski)
Extra information to help you enjoy your experience more!
Do I need SKI Gear?
- All Skis/Boards, Boots, poles etc are supplied.
- Remember to wear a long sleeved top and long socks for comfort;
- If you have your own boots – bring them along!
How does it work?
- SKI CENTRE uses unique revolving slope technology that simulate real ski runs and allow skiers to get in realistic length ski runs. A mirrored wall also provides an instant feedback [you can actually see yourself ski!] all-in-all helping you develop better posture, balance, edge precision and rotation control.. …developing your fitness and confidence in your skiing .
How does the slope cope with different abilities?
- The slopes can be sped up or slowed down, or be made steeper or gentler, to match the lesson and the learner. An instructor holds a remote control to stop the slope in an instant, if required. EVERY LESSON is given by a qualified instructor suited to your needs to ensure you get the most from your experience.
- All customers will start with an introduction lesson – back to basics – and once you have the feel for the surface we will ensure you are skiing with similar abilities.
What makes the Ski Centre good for learners?
- The rolling slope helps improve muscle memory, stamina and fitness. An instructor provides instant and continual feedback as overall technique and confidence improves.
Is this suitable to experienced or advanced skiers?
- Yes. The ski centre can focus on advanced techniques, off-piste techniques and even run ski race training programmes – several national teams including the Swiss A TEAM use these slopes for training. As with any new surface the initial experience is humbling however once you get the hang of it you’ll benefit enormously!
How long is each lesson?
- Each session lasts 60 minutes and includes 30 minutes ski time and 30 minutes observation or rest time – the format is 10 minutes on /10 minutes rest, repeated three times. All skiers must arrive 15 minutes before the lesson to sign-in, and get your skis and boots.
Can I ski on my own?
- Private lessons are available if you wish to ski on your own.
- The slopes were designed to accommodate 3 adult skiers or 6 snowboarders at a time to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- If required the slopes can be split in two for beginners, accommodating 6 skiers per slope.
Any further questions?
- Contact SKI Centre (01) 293 0588 – we’d be delighted to help!
Terms & Conditions – Thank you for booking your lesson/s.
SKI CENTRE –Ireland’s only indoor “non-stop” Ski Experience – open all year round!
- Lessons maybe cancelled by phone or by mail. 01 2930588/ Ski@skicentre.ie
- 24 hours minimum notice of cancellation with less than 24 hours for 3 times or more, the member will lose their advanced booking right.
- If a lesson is not cancelled (No Show) no form of contact is received the lesson will be removed from the client’s course.
- Lessons are paid for in advanced at the time of booking, by Credit/Debit card or cash in centre;
- Lessons purchased are valid for 12 months from the date of purchased;
- Lessons are non-refundable and non-transferable;
- If you have unusual circumstances please come talk to us.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT!
Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your lesson – so that you get the maximum time skiing!
- Time to Sign-in;
- Get your Ski Boots on and Skis/board set-up
Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing:
- tracksuit bottoms
- long sleeved top
- Ski socks/thick knee high socks Skis and boots will be provided
What to expect:
- The class size is limited to 6 with 3 participants on the slope at one time;
- From time-to-time and if appropriate we can teach more than 3 per per slope if required;
- All lessons are run with a fully qualified and insured instructor;
- On booking we allocate available slots based on a variety of criteria (skill level, age, experience and personalities) and do our best to ensure everyone has a safe, enjoyable and meaningful lesson. If at any time you are not totally happy with the allocation please tell us – your safety and enjoyment is our priority!
- Your first time experience – because of the nature of our slopes… if you are an experienced skier we will need to run through the basics on your first lesson. We will use this session to assess your level on our slopes and ensure you advance as quickly and safely as possible.
- Levels 1-6 are our standard levels and we can teach similar levels together, so just because you are a level 2 does not mean you cannot ski with a level 3 etc, however we will do our best to ensure you are with other appropriate levels. It is also possible that an advanced skier skis at the same time as a lower level skier in which situation we work on finer techniques that will benefit advanced skiers.
- Equally we tend to separate children and Adults however where Children and adults are skiing at the same time we will put the adult at the back and children at the front.
- Lessons are run on an hourly basis. You will ski for approximately 30 minutes and rest ’n’ observe for 30 minutes. Observation is part of the learning experience (you see everything up close) so please watch other skiers while you rest and recover. Typically this will be in the “10 minute on – 10 minute off” format. From time to time a “15 minute on – 15 minute off” or occasionally a longer run may be used, this will vary on your needs and the particular technique the instructor is helping you with. In all instances we will do our upmost to ensure you get quality ski time! The instructor will decide what speed and steepness of slope is right for your lesson and will decide the ideal progression for you (based on their understanding of your skiing and the progress made on your progression card). From time to time the instructor may observe some fundamental techniques that they feel will benefit your skiing or improve your safety on the slope and may focus on core techniques – this will be for your benefit). If you would like to work on a particular aspect of your skiing/snowboarding please be sure to tell our instructor. Additionally due to various circumstances actual time on the slope may be less than 30minutes. If you have any great ideas on how to make your lesson better or more enjoyable please come talk to us.
- If you wish to be the only person skiing on the slope you can book a private lesson for €99 (10 mins on, 10 mins off x 3) or you can book the entire 60 minutes for €200.
- Advanced / Video Techniques / Freestyle/Ski Racing: We are proud to say we have the very highest standard of instructors and do give advanced tuition to many of our clients, both young and old. If you would like bespoke classes, video analysis etc please ask us and we will see what is possible. At the Ski Centre, you ski/broad for ten minutes continuously and the slopes allow for a fast and safe learning environment.
We hope you enjoy your visit! We look forward to working with at the Ski Centre.
All the Team at the SKI CENTRE