Terms and Conditions
- Ski Centre (also herein referred to as the “Company” or “we”) will endeavour to provide a service to you with reasonable care and skill. Your safety and enjoyment are our prime concern. We want to help you achieve your objectives and have as much fun as possible in a safe environment.
- When you purchase a Ski Centre product or a Voucher from Ski Centre or a voucher provided by an external provider, you become legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please do not proceed and book or purchase a SkI Centre product or complete a booking until you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions. By making a booking at Ski Centre, you have accepted our Terms and Conditions.
- Before skiing or snowboarding on a Ski Centre slope, you or any person to whom you pass on a Voucher must sign our Waiver Form, the purpose of which is to ensure that you acknowledge the risks inherent in the sport of skiing or snowboarding.
- Booking – The scheduling of a Slot into a Session on one of our slopes.
- Customer – Either a Purchaser or a Participant depending upon the circumstances.
- Purchaser – The person or body that purchases, i.e. pays for, a Ski Centre Producct or Voucher.
- Participant – The person who is given the use of a Voucher by the Customer. This person may be the Purchaser.
- Session – A Ski Centre Session is the overall period of your booking, normally one hour, excluding the time before and after your Session has run its course.
- Slope Time – The length of time within any one Session that a Customer will be on the slope. Note: during a Customer’s Slope time, he/she may not be skiing or snowboarding for the entirety of that time. For example, a skier or snowboarder may be taking instruction from the instructor; or a Customer may have fallen over necessitating the slope to have been stopped.
- Ski Centre Product – A product sold by Ski Centre as set out on its website – www.skicentre.ie – from time to time.
- Slot – During a Ski Centre Session, there will be a number of Participants. Each utilises or occupies a Slot within that Session.
- Voucher – A document with a unique reference, whether in hard copy form or electronic, which entitles its owner or holder to a Slot within a Ski Centre Session, subject to availability and prior to the Voucher’s expiry date.
- The prices displayed on our website are correct to the best of our knowledge and maintained on a daily basis. Prices of Ski Centre Products or Vouchers may vary throughout the year. In the event of a purchase being made against an accidentally incorrect price, we will endeavour to inform the Purchaser of the error within 7 days of the purchase being made. We will allow the Purchaser either to cancel the Booking or choose to pay the additional difference in price. Vouchers and purchases from external voucher providers may vary, Ski Centre shall not be held responsible for purchases or the prices displayed on external websites and other gift experience companies.
- All Ski Centre Products are offered subject to the availability of dates, equipment, facilities and instructors. Bookings should be made as far in advance as possible especially during peak times. We suggest if you plan to book a Session or purchase a Voucher for a date at short notice, you call us to ensure there is still availability before completing the transaction. You should not make any travel or accommodation arrangements in connection with the course or Session until you have received your booking confirmation with a date and time on it from Ski Centre. Where specific elements of the experience such as equipment are not available due to mechanical breakdown, we reserve the right to make reasonable substitutions on the day. If this is not possible we reserve the right to cancel the Session at short notice.
5. Duration and Time
- The time of your Session is a guide time only. There is no guarantee that you will start or complete your Session at the exact time given on your booking confirmation. However, we try to stick to these times as closely as possible. Please allow plenty of time at the centre and we recommend a minimum of 1½ hours. Where the duration of a Session is mentioned on our website and/or other marketing material or by a member of our staff, this is an approximate guide to the length of time you should expect to be at the centre. When you are taking the Session as part of a group there may be some waiting time involved.
6. Descriptions & Images
- All descriptions contained on our website and in our marketing material are correct at the time of going to press. Descriptions may be updated throughout the year. The images used in all promotional literature to illustrate Ski Centre Products are used as an indication only. Ski Centre shall not be responsible for the descriptions and images of external websites and gift experience companies.
- We ask you to leave plenty of time to get to the Ski Centre centre. All of the Sessions we offer require registration and a certain amount of preparation. It is essential that the Participant attends registration otherwise he/she will not be able to participate. No alcohol or drugs can be consumed before any of the Sessions we offer. Our instructors reserve the right to refuse to admit a Participant to a Session if he/she is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol and / or drugs. Ski Centre employees professional instructors who reserve the right to end a Session or offer alternative tuition if they believe the Participant may endanger themselves or other Participants.
8. Booking Confirmations
- Ski Centre booking confirmations can be delivered by email to the email address entered by the person making the booking. Be aware that some email accounts may categorise our email confirmations as unwanted or ‘spam’ email. To avoid this please add our email address … firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com … to your address book. Ski Centre is not liable or responsible for any loss suffered as a result of an email voucher being blocked by web filters or firewalls. If the recipient does not receive the email voucher, please contact us immediately to send confirmations to an alternative email address.
- In the absence of negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation, neither Ski Centre nor its employees or agents shall be responsible for the death, personal injury or illness of any guest whilst on Ski Centre premises. Neither Ski Centre nor its employees or agents shall be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to valuables or any personal property that belongs to any guest whilst on Ski Centre property.
10. Anti-social behaviour
- We will not accept anti-social behaviour in our ski centres nor on our slopes. If any Customer is abusive to any other Customer or a member of our staff, Ski Centre reserves the right to remove the offending person from our premises without any refund. We also reserve the right to refuse access to the ski slopes if any person is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or any banned substance.
11. Medical condition
- It is not the responsibility of Ski Centre to know whether or not a Participant is medically fit and able to ski or snowboard. It is the responsibility of the Purchaser and/or the Participant to confirm that he/she is so fit and able. If in doubt, the Participant must discuss his/her condition with a member of the Ski Centre staff. In the absence of negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation by Ski Centre or its staff, the Company nor its employees shall be responsible for the death, personal injury or illness of any Participant while on Ski Centre premises or as a result of partaking in a Ski Centre Session.
- Ski Centre undertakes that in the event of photographs or video footage being taken of a Session, it will only use these images, for example for marketing purposes, with the prior and express permission of the person shown.
13. Conduct of a Ski Centre Session
- The Ski Centre ski – snowboard slopes normally provide for a maximum number of 3 skiers or 3 snowboarders at any one time.
- In any one Session, Participants are normally divided into 2 groups with each group having approximately 30 minutes of Slope Time. Slope Time may be divided into 2 periods of 15 minutes or 3 periods of 10 minutes or a combination making up approximately 30 minutes.
- Prior to a Session, the Ski Centre instructor will meet with each Participant and make sure that he/she understands what that person’s objectives are for the upcoming Session. Ski Centre endeavours to ensure that all Participants skiing / snowboarding together within a Session are reasonably compatible as to age and proficiency but Purchasers and Participants must accept that there will be occasions when the comparability of Participants on the slope at the same time may not be perfect.
- Following a Session, the Ski Centre instructor should summarise the progress made by the Participant and agree what proficiency level that Participant has reached. The instructor will also advise what additional steps could be taken by the Participant to achieve his/her objectives.
14. Booking of ski – snowboard Sessions
- All ski or snowboard Sessions must have been paid for in advance. You will not be allowed to ski or snowboard without having paid in full.
- No person will be allowed to ski or snowboard without having agreed to the Company’s Terms & Conditions and having signed a Waiver Form. All mandatory fields on the Wavier Form must have been completed. In the case of a skier or snowboarder under the age of 16 years, the Waiver Form must be signed by that person’s parent, guardian or a person responsible for the time being of that child.
- All prices include the use of skis or snowboard and boots. Participants may use their own boots but they are required to use the skis or snowboards provided by Ski Centre.
- Any purchase of a Slot which is not immediately scheduled to a specific Session will be credited on the Ski Centre booking system. Sessions are usually issued with an expiry date 12 months from the date of issue. However, in certain circumstances, Ski Centre reserves the right to vary this period. All Vouchers must be used prior to that date or they will be forfeited.
15. Advance bookings
- Advanced booking is strongly recommended to avoid disappointment. In making multiple advance bookings, a Customer needs to be aware of his/her potential to progress in terms of his/her proficiency. It is a key aim of Ski Centre that Participants in a Group within a Session should be of a similar proficiency. In making forward bookings in the centre or on the telephone, a progression assumption can be made through discussion and/or with knowledge of the Participant’s capabilities. In this circumstance, Ski Centre reserves the right to be the final arbiter. When making your initial bookings, an assumption of progression of 1 Level is assumed and thereafter your level will be updated as you progress.
- In the event that a Participant progresses to a higher Level more quickly than was anticipated, it is then the responsibility of the Participant to decide whether to change Session to one which now matches his proficiency level. Ski Centre accepts Participants of a higher proficiency may join a Group of a lower Level on the understanding that that Group will be taught at its designated Level. If the Participant decides he/she wishes to move to another Group of his now achieved proficiency, then the Participant accepts the risk that there may not be an available suitable Session at a time of his choosing. In the event of such a change of booking being made, Ski Centre will not impose a Change charge.
- In the event that the Participant progresses more slowly than has been anticipated when making forward bookings, Ski Centre reserves the right to move the Participant to a Session of the right Proficiency Level. In this event, the Participant accepts that Ski Centre has the right to make such a change and that it might not be easy to find a new Session that is convenient for him/her. In the event of such a change of booking being made, Ski Centre will not impose a Change charge.
16. Discounted products & vouchers
- Any purchases of Sessions, Slots or Vouchers at the discounted “child’s” price may only be used by persons of the designated age. Conversely, Sessions, Slots or Vouchers purchased at the adult price may be used by a child.
- Please note that special offers may not be used in conjunction with any other special offer or discount.
With regard to vouchers sold through third party agencies, such as Groupon, Living Social, Pigsback, Irish Times, One 4 All, Tesco, the holder of such vouchers must present the original voucher from the said agency printed out in order for it to be exchanged for a valid Ski Centre Voucher.
17. Refunds, changes or cancellations
- Cancellation policy
- Lessons maybe cancelled by phone or by mail provided Ski Centre has 24 hours notice without penalty. Call 01 2930588/ Ski@skicentre.ie
- If slots are cancelled 3 times or more, the member will lose their advanced booking right.
- If a lesson is not cancelled (No Show) no form of contact is received the lesson will be removed from the client’s course.
- Lessons are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Where gift vouchers have been bought from external providers and a Booking has been made, no refunds will be given and Voucher validity will be lost for any cancellations.
- For Participants failing to turn up to a Session, Ski Centre will not accept a rescheduling of that Booking; and no refunds will be given and Voucher validity will be lost.
- For parties, corporate, school or group bookings of more than 12 people, a minimum of one week’s notice is required to cancel or amend a Booking. After this time, no refunds or transfers will be permitted.
- Ski Centre reserves the right to cancel or change a Participant’s Booking if there are insufficient numbers booked for the relevant Session. Ski Centre will never implement this condition without giving the Participant at 24 hours notice. In the event of a cancellation of the Booking, as opposed to a re-scheduling of it, Ski Centre will refund the full value of the Slot to the Participant but will not accept any additional costs incurred.
- If for any reason, Ski Centre is unable to provide the service promised for reasons beyond its reasonable control, it will endeavour to re-arrange the Session. We will not, however, accept responsibility for any additional costs that may arise as a result of the situation being beyond our reasonable control.
18. Vouchers – Validity
- Each Voucher will show a unique code, which must be quoted when dealing with Ski Centre and which will be used to identify your booking and proof of purchase. Vouchers and the associated references must be kept safely and securely and presented to Ski Centre on the day of your experience. Please check your expiry date. You must book and complete your Session prior to the expiry date on your Voucher. We reserve the right to refuse Participants who turn up without a valid Voucher.
- Failure to produce a valid Voucher on the day of your Session means that full payment will be required to cover the cost of the Session before you will be allowed to proceed with registration. This payment will be refunded on receipt of a valid Voucher in the post alongside a completed deposit refund form within 28 days of your Session date.
- Ski Centre will take no responsibility for any loss you may incur as a result of impersonation or identity fraud.
- A Voucher will be deemed to be invalid if it is out of date unless you have written prior agreement from Ski Centre or an external provider (the validity date is clearly stated on the Voucher).
- Skiplex accepts no responsibility for any lost or stolen Vouchers; any lost or stolen Voucher will not be replaced.
19. Travelling and arriving at Ski Centre
- Please leave plenty of time for your journey to Ski Centre. We strongly recommend arriving at the reception desk at least 15 minutes prior to your Session start time to allow adequate time to collect your equipment and prepare for your Session. During busy periods and holidays, you may need to allow more time.
- If you are late for your Session start time, this may impact your Session duration and in particular the amount of Slope Time available to you. If you are not ready at the start of the Session, you may be refused admission.
- Ski Centre reserves the right to refuse admission to a Session if the Participant is more than 15 minutes late. Please note that in this event no refunds or transfers will be allowed.
- Please check all traffic reports before your journey to Ski Centre as we cannot be held responsible for late arrivals due to being delayed by traffic.
- For your comfort, we advise you to wear a long sleeved top, loose fitting trousers and ski socks or long sports socks.
21. Lost Property
- For lost property enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If your item is found, items will be held for a maximum period of one month. After this time, if the item remains unclaimed, the item will be donated to charity. Ski Centre accepts no responsibility for returning items to you, or for any items of lost property that remain unclaimed within this timeframe.
22. Slope Policies
- If you have an existing medical condition which you think may affect your safety while skiing or snowboarding, please seek proper medical advice before visiting Ski Centre.
- When using the slope, please obey all signage.
- Ski Centre reserves the right to change the slope policies from time to time.
23. Special Offers
- The following terms and conditions apply to all Ski Centre offers and promotions:
- All offers are subject to availability.
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Standard Ski Centre terms and conditions also apply.
- No cash alternative is offered.
- Cash value of Vouchers is €0.01.
- Ski Centre reserves the right to withdraw any offer at any time.
- Only one special offer per guest per visit will be accepted.
- Timing restrictions may apply; please contact us for more information.