FIS World Snow Day Weekend 14th & 15th Jan 2017
Early Booking Advised!
- All you need to know about Skiing;
- How to Learn to Ski or Snowboard here in Dublin;
- Ski Holidays, Clothing & Ski Equipment, Ski Insurance, Ski Fitness;
- Partner Offers & THE GREAT OUTDOORS MOBILE SHOP both days!
- Try our New Ski Fit Classes 1pm Sat & Sunday
SINGLE LESSON SPECIAL TRIAL OFFER!
Treat yourself or your family members to a great ski experience. Single Lesson Experience only €10 (normally €49 ADULT/ €39 CHILD). All skis, boots, equipment and instructor included! Great for first time skiers and experienced skiers alike. Suitable from 4yrs up!
TRY OUR NEW GYM CLASSES
TRY OUR NEW GYM CLASSES
Ski Centre is great fun whether you’re 4 or 104.
All of our packages include:
- Friendly instruction every step of the way
- All the gear – skis, boots, poles etc
- Fully qualified Instructor
- Personal achievement card
- Smiles from ear to ear!
5 reasons to visit Ski Centre
1. We think it’s amazing… naturally!
It’s definately something EVERYONE should try. Don’t just take our word for it though, see what others just like you had to say..
2. Perfect weather Guaranteed
With 4 seasons in one day and climate change it’s hard to predict the weather…. however at the Indoor Ski Centre “perfect weather” is always guaranteed. If only Goldilocks knew about the Ski Centre!
3. No Lifts ~ No Queues ~More Time Skiing
Just like real skiing you’ll be able to practice turn after turn without stopping allowing you to better simulate real ski runs. Typically you’ll spend 30 mins on the slope in every hour, that’s the equivalent of 11klm!!! (Mt Everest is 9klm tall). Quite literally we can offer you the longest ski runs in the world! Safe for beginners and vital for experts, even the Swiss Race team use them to train!
4. Safe Healthy Fun!
We match our slopes to your skill level. Our instructors are friendly and patient and whatever your ability we can increase or decrease the speed and angle of the slope! As the Instructor has a remote control in their hand they can stop the slope at a press of a button!
5. It’s a LOT cheaper than going to the Alps!
Ok are you really going fly to the Alps every weekend or spend an hour at a snow dome/dry slope for 5 minutes of skiing…(taking avg time queuing, drag lifts etc in account) when you can spend 1 hour at Ski Centre, get approx 30 minutes skiing from €39 Child / €49 Adult. And if you get really hooked… buy our yearly single/family Membership and pay only €15 each time !
Ski Longer ‘n’ Stronger at www.skicentre.ie
Extra information to help you enjoy your experience more!
Do I need SKI Gear?
- All Skis/Boards, Boots, poles etc are supplied.
- Remember to wear a long sleeved top and long socks for comfort;
- If you have your own boots – bring them along!
How does it work?
- SKI CENTRE uses unique revolving slope technology that simulate real ski runs and allow skiers to get in realistic length ski runs. A mirrored wall also provides an instant feedback [you can actually see yourself ski!] all-in-all helping you develop better posture, balance, edge precision and rotation control.. …developing your fitness and confidence in your skiing .
How does the slope cope with different abilities?
- The slopes can be sped up or slowed down, or be made steeper or gentler, to match the lesson and the learner. An instructor holds a remote control to stop the slope in an instant, if required. EVERY LESSON is given by a qualified instructor suited to your needs to ensure you get the most from your experience.
- All customers will start with an introduction lesson – back to basics – and once you have the feel for the surface we will ensure you are skiing with similar abilities.
What makes the Ski Centre good for learners?
- The rolling slope helps improve muscle memory, stamina and fitness. An instructor provides instant and continual feedback as overall technique and confidence improves.
Is this suitable to experienced or advanced skiers?
- Yes. The ski centre can focus on advanced techniques, off-piste techniques and even run ski race training programmes – several national teams including the Swiss A TEAM use these slopes for training. As with any new surface the initial experience is humbling however once you get the hang of it you’ll benefit enormously!
How long is each lesson?
- Each session lasts 60 minutes and includes 30 minutes ski time and 30 minutes observation or rest time – the format is 10 minutes on /10 minutes rest, repeated three times. All skiers must arrive 15 minutes before the lesson to sign-in, and get your skis and boots.
Can I ski on my own?
- Private lessons are available if you wish to ski on your own.
- The slopes were designed to accommodate 3 adult skiers or 6 snowboarders at a time to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- If required the slopes can be split in two for beginners, accommodating 6 skiers per slope.
Any further questions?
- Contact SKI Centre (01) 293 0588 – we’d be delighted to help!
100% I must say the most enjoyable day with a school group, really enjoyed it, will be back St. Kevins
100% Matthew age 6 had a wonderful time would definitely book him again. Coach was brilliant and all th staff where lovely. Matthew
100% Such fun!!! And so very friendly! From the moment you arrive you are with friends, who talk and support you through all the re learning you do. Seeing how you ski in the mirror hugely helps you to see your style and correct it, ie no leaning back or bottom out! You leave feeling you have achieved – in a very short space of time! And that you just want more!! Thank you so much for such a fun evening!! See you again soon!! Oh – even the boots were comfortable and easy to get on!! Elizabeth
100% I had a great time today at the Ski Centre…. Today was my 4th Lesson my last lesson being last November. I was a bit nervous at first forgetting most things I was thought in the past but after 5 minutes of great instruction I was at ease and loved the hour long lesson….I am currently in the process of booking more lessons in the Ski Centre… I can’t wait to get back on the Track! Ryan
100% The best introduction to a sport I have ever experienced! We had a great time too. Lisa, our instructor, knew just how to teach us the basics and make in enjoyable.
“It was awesome… really good fun!
This takes away part of the uncertainty in traveling and spending all that money and effort going to the alps… cause everything is right here on your doorstep… and the kind off learning and the kind of improvements you can make on the [slope] will be hugely advanced…
There are no ski lifts… no travelling… it’s all put in front of you and you go until you are tired… that repetition is important when you’re learning, practice makes you perfect!
I’ve had the benefit of being a professional ski racer all my life… and now this!… get yourself down and have a bit of fun!
Chemmy Alcott in Dublin
100% Hi We had a party at the ski centre on Friday. Your colleagues were fantastic at entertaining a large group of 10-11 year old girls!! Not an easy task I might point out! They kept them busy and happy and were very attentive to their requests. Thanks so much for giving a great party. Deirdre & twins
100% Best birthday surprise ever. Instructors were excellent, patient and encouraging. Defo be back. Thanks again 🙂
100% My son loved it. I regret not doing it myself and will have to come back to try. Aidan
100% “Great experience for my kids. They loved it and progressed so fast.”
100% The overall facility was brilliant and the instructors (Philip and Ross) were top notch. I will certainly be telling others about Ski Centre and will be returning for more snowboarding lessons and training soon. Many Thanks, John
100% “It was the first time my mother and I tried skiing. It was on her list to do. The Ski Centre was a great starting point. Our instructor Niall was enthusiastic, fun and a great teacher! ”
100% This was the best party ever and Theo was great with the party. We will definitely be back. FS
100% great fun!
100% Really friendly staff & great teachers!!! I learned loads about what I was doing wrong on the slopes!!! Would def recommend to anyone looking to improve their technique 🙂
100% Great fun! Really enjoyed the experience
100% “Staff were excellent, were patient and friendly to my daughter and her friends, have recommended the centre to all my friends!!”
100% Have to say I was a bit sceptical about indoor carpet skiing. As I am a dedicated skier myself. But I definitely have changed my mind! It was just brilliant. Thank you for a great lesson for my boys!
100% “The instructor was very friendly ,,, snowboarding,,, welcomed and made everyone relaxed”
100% “Keep up the good work!”
100% Great bit of fun and good atmosphere in the place, instructor was very good and I’m sure I be back again
100% Thanks for getting me one step closer to the slopes. Excellent stuff
100% “Excellent customer service ;-)”
100% “Thanks for an enjoyable afternoon, we will hopefully be back soon.”
100% “Keep up the good work. Fabulous experience and lovely lovely people.”
100% “Keep up the great work, will be back at some stage. Professionalism stands out. Have spread the word amongst family in dulbin and friends.”
100% “Terrific instructors, well organised. A positive experience.”
100% The Ski Centre is a fantastic place to learn to ski. I have had 10 lessons now and have loved every minute of it. I have officially become a ski junkie! I would highly recommend this place, the team are fantastic and the coffee is pretty good as well! L
100% V enjoyable and well explained lesson, great patience, esp for beginners, would healed!
100% Aodhán had 6th birthday party. Great fun. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Many thanks for your patience. BE
100% “I was worried about being “back-of-the-pack” again on my next trip with the lads… Ski Centre helped me improve my technique, build my fitness and endurance… what’s more is I blew the guys away on and off-piste – I had to share my secret!” BP
100% I’ve skied on all terrain… I’d see myself as an expert and didn’t believe this could help enthusiast like myself… I was wrong…
Just amazing… you get instant feedback on your technique from seeing yourself in the mirror and from the instructor standing right beside you. The Instructor quickly identifies where improvements can be made and you get to try new techniques in a safe controlled environment. Amazing fun – try it – you’ll enjoy it. TS
80% Great skill refresher to get me ready for skiing
100% I thought the atmosphere was fantastic and I loved the cleanliness of the facilities. Overall a very enjoyable experience.
100% Super staff very welcoming!! Already booked another two lessons!
100% I had a lot of fun and would like to do it again. Emily
100% Thanks for lessons before our holiday! Hit the ground running. Two blue runs to warm up and straight onto reds. Day 2, flying down blacks and felt confident and in control….lots of fun. I also found my fitness had improved, no sore legs. All our family had the best ski holiday ever. Thanks to all the crew especially Niall. JM
100% Lisa was a great instructor, had a great lesson with her! Definately will be back. Thanks,
100% Good, enthusiastic instructor. Felt very welcomed
100% “Hi guys, we haven’t been around much since Jan because I managed to break my shoulder skiing in Tignes shortly after our last lesson. Oops! All mended now, just very stiff. However, we are in La Plagne at the moment, our last day at Crystal Ski Fest, where we have had a ball! Did not realise at the time how much I was learning whilst stuck in a snow plough at the Ski Centre!! Credit to your lessons, I am skiing much better, more evenly weighted on my skis, looking up more, more forward and understanding moving forward at the end of a turn to stay ahead of my skis! All little refinements which came from our sessions with you.” O.G.
100% My first introductory course was a very pleasant experience. Nyle, the instructor was extremely friendly, welcoming, and the session was very useful.
100% Nice and calm class where I could focus and learn. Excellent teacher.
100% Great instructor – really enjoyed the experience this time. Thanks
100% Instructor is excellent, gives good instruction, keeps it simple.
100% Luke was my trainer for ski and i love it.will continue my ski classes for sure.aga
100% Excellent instructor , put me at ease from the start and very patient.
100% Very good and accommodating instructor. Thank you, Killian
80% love going to ski centre ,return every year before ski holiday to improve my technica. i find i improve every year and enjoy my holiday better with the lessons
100% Great facilities and instructors! 🙂
100% All the staff are very frendly and helpful
100% Really useful for getting ski legs especially for my son
100% Brilliant facility with friendly and very informative staff. Found Philip very enthusiastic and attentive. There were 5 of us as a group and he paid close attention to us all which was great. I would definitely recommend this place.
100% As a total starter I had a lesson with Fergus who was an excellent teacher and what a motivator Back for two more lessons next week
100% Really enjoyable experience and learnt a lot. My kids had a great time and both Lisa and Niall, the ski instructors were excellent – encouraging, on the ball and good fun. Highly recommend it and we will be back.
100% Great Instructor, very patient and attentive! Really felt I got a basic feel for skiing after just one lesson. I’d definitely book more lessons and I would recommend it to others. Good value too! Thanks
100% Very helpful instructor — great facility.
100% It was a super positive experience. Great attention was paid to each of us. Highly recommendable. Great lesson!
100% SCHOOL TEACHER – “The ski centre is a fantastic resource for second level students to get involved with. Skiing is a demanding sport that requires a combination of core fitness, athletic prowess and making the right decisions. The ski centre provides the students with the opportunity to train hard for the snow, away from the snow. The instructors are incredibly professional and knowledgeable, when I first brought a school group, I was amazed to see the progress they made in a very short time.
100% First lesson today and I was really nervous at the start, but the lovely Olympia was so reassuring and encouraging – I feel like there’s hope for me yet! Thanks, Carol
100% Good fun day for both kids and adult. My girl can’t wait to go back. Jackie
It also caters for all levels, from tentative first steps to basic parallel to high end carving. The students all loved it and we are looking forward to taking another group up next season” – J.G. Secondary School Teacher
100% CORPORATE GROUP “Just a quick note to say thanks for all the help with the Accenture ski club this year. We had fantastic feedback form the staff. All the Team enjoyed our sessions down at the Ski Centre and the difference it made to our ski trip was invaluable. Looking forward to coming down every week in the new season!” Thanks agin to all the Team. Darren
Terms & Conditions – Thank you for booking your lesson/s.
SKI CENTRE –Ireland’s only indoor “non-stop” Ski Experience – open all year round!
- Lessons maybe cancelled by phone or by mail. 01 2930588/ Ski@skicentre.ie
- 24 hours minimum notice of cancellation with less than 24 hours for 3 times or more, the member will lose their advanced booking right.
- If a lesson is not cancelled (No Show) no form of contact is received the lesson will be removed from the client’s course.
- Lessons are paid for in advanced at the time of booking, by Credit/Debit card or cash in centre;
- Lessons purchased are valid for 12 months from the date of purchased;
- Lessons are non-refundable and non-transferable;
- If you have unusual circumstances please come talk to us.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT!
Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your lesson – so that you get the maximum time skiing!
- Time to Sign-in;
- Get your Ski Boots on and Skis/board set-up
Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing:
- tracksuit bottoms
- long sleeved top
- Ski socks/thick knee high socks Skis and boots will be provided
What to expect:
- The class size is limited to 6 with 3 participants on the slope at one time;
- From time-to-time and if appropriate we can teach more than 3 per per slope if required;
- All lessons are run with a fully qualified and insured instructor;
- On booking we allocate available slots based on a variety of criteria (skill level, age, experience and personalities) and do our best to ensure everyone has a safe, enjoyable and meaningful lesson. If at any time you are not totally happy with the allocation please tell us – your safety and enjoyment is our priority!
- Your first time experience – because of the nature of our slopes… if you are an experienced skier we will need to run through the basics on your first lesson. We will use this session to assess your level on our slopes and ensure you advance as quickly and safely as possible.
- Levels 1-6 are our standard levels and we can teach similar levels together, so just because you are a level 2 does not mean you cannot ski with a level 3 etc, however we will do our best to ensure you are with other appropriate levels. It is also possible that an advanced skier skis at the same time as a lower level skier in which situation we work on finer techniques that will benefit advanced skiers.
- Equally we tend to separate children and Adults however where Children and adults are skiing at the same time we will put the adult at the back and children at the front.
- Lessons are run on an hourly basis. You will ski for approximately 30 minutes and rest ’n’ observe for 30 minutes. Observation is part of the learning experience (you see everything up close) so please watch other skiers while you rest and recover. Typically this will be in the “10 minute on – 10 minute off” format. From time to time a “15 minute on – 15 minute off” or occasionally a longer run may be used, this will vary on your needs and the particular technique the instructor is helping you with. In all instances we will do our upmost to ensure you get quality ski time! The instructor will decide what speed and steepness of slope is right for your lesson and will decide the ideal progression for you (based on their understanding of your skiing and the progress made on your progression card). From time to time the instructor may observe some fundamental techniques that they feel will benefit your skiing or improve your safety on the slope and may focus on core techniques – this will be for your benefit). If you would like to work on a particular aspect of your skiing/snowboarding please be sure to tell our instructor. Additionally due to various circumstances actual time on the slope may be less than 30minutes. If you have any great ideas on how to make your lesson better or more enjoyable please come talk to us.
- If you wish to be the only person skiing on the slope you can book a private lesson for €99 (10 mins on, 10 mins off x 3) or you can book the entire 60 minutes for €200.
- Advanced / Video Techniques / Freestyle/Ski Racing: We are proud to say we have the very highest standard of instructors and do give advanced tuition to many of our clients, both young and old. If you would like bespoke classes, video analysis etc please ask us and we will see what is possible. At the Ski Centre, you ski/broad for ten minutes continuously and the slopes allow for a fast and safe learning environment.
We hope you enjoy your visit! We look forward to working with at the Ski Centre.
All the Team at the SKI CENTRE